Friday, November 9, 2012

Working With What I've Got...

        It always amazes me how every year the seasonal product lines just keep getting better and better. Its so wild how the new lines are cohesive with the older lines, but they bring so much new life to the brand as well. Back in my *major* crafting days, I had a few brands that we my top favorites. And year after year, whether I am crafting or not, I am drawn to look (and often buy) their new products. Here are a few of my favorite brands with their winters collections.

Basic Grey's Aspen Collection
                                                                           






       
                   
                                 But......... seeing as how I am trying to be resourceful and work with what I've got.... I have decided to steer clear of the paper and embellishment racks this year (as much as possible) and stick to mainly buying adhesive and other materials that I need. Forcing myself to use up what papers and embellishments I have at home has turned in to quite the challenge. I was lucky enough to work/design for an amazing Scrapbook Store for a few years (this was over 2 years ago) and I definitely stocked up on enough supplies to last me many years. Hundreds of sheets of paper... I don't think I will ever use it all (that's where my 2 crafty daughters come in. I go through my supplies from time to time and create a box for them with left overs that I know I won't use. The LOVE it.)
          Keeping with this rustic theme that I can't seem to shake, last night I decided to work with some papers that I bought last year. These papers are soooo gorgeous. I used the Recollections line. And for the life of me I can't remember the name :-/
     Here are a few of the projects that I worked on last night. Again, I hate the photos. I just can't seem to take pictures of my creations and have them look presentable.



1 comment:

  1. I adore your work. Kudos on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete