Thursday, August 4, 2011

"A Beautiful Mess" by Jessica Michelle

A beautiful mess.
I have become.
Wanting so much
but coming undone.
Fighting myself
to win the war within.
A greedy heart
has become my sin.
Pull myself back
time to watch the clock.
My tears are typical
and easy to mock.
The past, it haunts me
I try to escape.
Flashbacks from yesterday
I try to reshape.

A beautiful mess
Its all the same.
We are all just players
in this casual game.
Words spoken too fast
or not at all.
The heaviest of hearts
have the farthest to fall.
Catching a glimpse
of the night to come.
Wishing on stars
that have already gone numb.
Breaking the silence
with a voice in the dark
My heart screams out loud
trying to make it's mark.

A beautiful mess.
I've come to decide
More than what you see
there's so much inside.
Whispers mean nothing
when spoken from afar.
Challenging words
no longer leave a scar.
Forget the tear drops
that have fallen like rain.
Simple moments from the past
no longer carry pain.
Eternity's the only promise
one can ever understand.
Love is the only answer
to the matter at hand.


Always Blushing,
Jessica Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment