Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Put The Lime In The Coconut - Harry Nilsson

        


















Oh, man.. the memories this song brought back. My best friend Angie and I used to dance all over the house (completely sober, I might add) to this song. We would have it on repeat and just dance and be completely ridiculous. It is an amazing feeling to be completely free to be yourself, no matter how silly or "ridiculous" others might think you are. Ugh, I love that girl! She is one of the few people in life that, no matter what, I always felt completely free to be myself. My love for having my photo taken stems back to high school when I was her "model" for her photography class. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin... I felt like I was always having to put on a show to try and be someone else. It was exhausting. But, when I got in front of the camera, it was like something inside of me was set free. I dropped the barrier that I had been putting up. I let go of all the bands that I was letting tie me down. And, for one brief moment, with that camera on me, I was me. And being true to who you really are is an AMAZING feeling. 




This song, will forever remind me of high school nights spent in with my Angiebenia. Laying in her bed... box of Oreos... bottle of Coke... potato chips... just being us... no matter how silly and ridiculous we may have seemed. I loved it...  Anyways... just a little walk down memory lane...

Always Blushing,

Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment