Monday, April 12, 2010

Sometimes you need to dance in the rain...

     
    I stood on the beach last night. Rain beating on the top of my head. Falling down my face. Washing away the tears that were falling. It had been a happy night. Full of laughter and smiles. I wasn't sad. Sure, there were thoughts in my heart... questions that I long to ask, but, at this point in time... I can't. But sad...? No, I wasn't sad.
    I stood there. Facing the water ahead of me. The rain drenched me from head to toe. And I began to cry. It was like I was alone in the world. Completely free to be quiet... to be still... to listen to my heart. I was surrounded by so much beauty. 
   And for just a moment, a release. Freedom. From so many things. I was letting go of these tears that I had been holding in for so long. Tears that were attached to so many memories... tears that I had been holding in, in hopes that I could make them disappear. But, I couldn't. And, last night... on the beach... in the rain... soaked from head to toe... I finally gave myself permission to really let them out...

 
FREEDOM...


Always Blushing,
♥ 
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment